Please note that we will be holding our second Archers of Zoo Lake Club Championships on Saturday 23rd March 2013 at the AZL Club.
This Championship is open to AZL Club members only.
Registration will be at 09:00.
Practice arrows for the 50m distance will be at 09:30 and first scoring arrows at 10:00.
After a short break the 18m round will commence.
After the 18m round there will be a lunch break, followed by the Elimination round.
Prize-giving will take place at the end of the day.
The format will be as follows:
Long Distance: 50 metres 5 x Ends of 6 arrows (30 arrows) 122cm FITA Target
Short Distance: 18 metres 10 x Ends of 3 arrows (30 arrows) FITA indoor target
You can choose to shoot only the long distance, only the short distance, or both. After these 60 arrows and a lunch break, archers will be ranked and an Olympic style elimination will take place. Ranking for the elimination round is going to be based on scores shot in the 18m round.
- Elimination: 18m 40cm Target Face
- Medals, badges and certificates will be issued to various disciplines as well as winners and runners-up.
- Double Scoring will be used.
- Ends will be timed:
50 m: 4 minutes (max) for each end of 6 arrows.
18m: 2 minutes (max) for each end of 3 arrows.
- Line-cutters: An arrow making contact with the black border of a scoring ring will count for the higher value. This is based on where the shaft lies, not the hole in the target.
- Bouncers: An arrow that bounces out of the target may be re-shot.
- Cadet – up to age 17 (incl. if you turn 17 in 2013)
- Modern Recurve
- Standard Bow
- Bare Bow
- Compound Freestyle
(more information on these styles can be found here: http://sanifaa.co.za/equipment/)
- AZL Club Shirt (preferable) or white t-shirt or golf shirt
- White pants (preferable) or light coloured pants (preferably no jeans or camouflage pants). White or light coloured shorts will also be acceptable.
- Closed shoes only!
This championship is open to members only; however, participants have to have qualified for membership in order to take part (qualified at 18m distance).
Entry Fees: R50 per entrant (includes all rounds)
Entries will be on a first come, first served basis, so please let Robyn know asap if you want to enter, and then make payment once your place has been confirmed.
Entries close Monday 18th March and all payments must be made by EFT into the Archers of Zoo Lake bank account by Tuesday 19th March 2013.
Food and beverages will be on sale.
Spectators are welcome, so please bring your friends and family!!
Please note NO PETS allowed at the competition – this is for safety reasons.
For any queries, please contact Dean (0833007572) or Richard (0795126635).
Come along and have some fun!!!